Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain
This book goes into great depth about what Fibromyalgia Syndrome and Chronic Myofascial Pain are, what symptoms appear, how to make life easier, and how to speak to a Medical Team. There has been a great deal of misdiagnoses when it comes to Fibromyalgia; many doctors will issue a warning that there is no cure, and then justify their conclusion with the opinion that the pain is “all in your head”.
One of the main reasons that the public seeks out massage and bodywork services is for pain relief and/or management. There is a very high chance that many of these clients will make it to your table. They may be frustrated and angry, having been told they have every disease under the sun or that the pain is imaginary. They have turned to you, hoping that you just might be the answer to getting some relief. And, some may already have been diagnosed with Chronic Myofascial Pain and/or Fibromyalgia. It is up to us to understand what these people are feeling, both physiologically and psychologically so we can create an appropriate treatment plan for them.
This book goes through all of the issues that Chronic Myofascial Pain and Fibromyalgia patients face, on both a long term and short term basis. It is helpful for your clients who do not have anything nearly as severe as these conditions, yet suffer pain on a daily basis. There is great hope on the horizon, as medications become more specific and available and medical doctors begin to understand these conditions.
Complete with diagrams and real-life examples, this book is an invaluable resource to have on any bodyworker’s shelf. If you become an expert, many clients and other medical professionals will be asking you to be on their medical teams for treatment and maintenance! And, even if you never encounter anyone with Fibromyalgia or Chronic Myofascial Pain, your ability to treat other aches and pains will increase your business, as well as making your clients extremely happy!
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to define Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain, describe the physical, as well as the emotional impact these conditions pose to their sufferers, and realistic treatment plans to decrease pain and increase quality to life for these patients.
Students will be able to master the following objectives with a minimum of 70% accuracy:
- Define “Fibromyalgia”
- Compare and contrast the symptoms that make Fibromyalgia what it is and what it is not.
- Reiterate some of the common characteristics of Fibromyalgia symptoms.
- Define the “Hypothalamus-Pituitary Adrenal Axis.
- Illustrate what myofascial is and what it does
- Explain how the myofascial is affected by trauma and immobilization.
- Match e different types of trigger points with their definitions
- Characterize the similarities and differences between Fibromyalgia (FMS) and Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP).
- Demonstrate how the Lymphatic System and the Immune System affect and influence each other.
- List common co-existing conditions that often accompany Fibromyalgia Syndrome and/or Chronic Myofascial Pain
- Explain what symptoms are associated with the co-existing conditions of FMS and CMP.
- Describe some of the common Irritating and Aggravating factors that are part of FMS and CMP.
- Share how bones, in general, are affected symptomatically by FMS and CMP.
- Discuss common issues centered around the head and neck.
- Describe many of the aches and pains that affect the shoulder and neck.
- List the states of chronic pain.
- Define Post-Traumatic-Hyperirritability Syndrome (PTHS).
- Explain how FMS affects sleep and causes fatigue.
- Characterize the “Exploding-Head Syndrome” as it relates to sleep.
- Identify the main forms of insomnia.
- Compare and contrast FMS and CMP issues for women versus men.
- Elaborate on the ways seniors are affected by FMS and CMP, which are unique only for that age group.
- Define “Flare” in FMS.
- Explain how the thyroid affects the symptoms of FMS.
- Discuss the elements of Wellness Recovery Action Planning.
- Characterize the symptoms of “Fibro-Fog” as opposed to forgetfulness.
- Compare and contrast the effects of exercise on FMS patients vs. patients who do not exercise.
- List the different medications that are appropriate for FMS.
- Explain how diet can affect symptoms that aggravate FMS pain.
- Share some helpful strategies that will help make life easier, thereby improving the quality of life for FMS and CMP sufferers.
The learning outcomes for this course will be measured by the mastery of the objectives set forth in the Learning Objectives section. Students must master the objectives, which are measured by the written assessment. Students must achieve a test score of 70% or higher to achieve mastery of these objectives.
This course follows the book as it is written. The written assessment also goes in the same order as the book. Nothing in the assessment is based on any supplemental websites or books. Students will spend approximately 24 minutes per objective, since there are 30 objectives for this 12 hour course.
Ready to get started?
What are the next steps?
If you would like to take this course click the "Access Course" button above. This will then take you directly to that course/exam.
From there you would click the "Take This Course" button to access the exam and get started. If that is the course you would like to take you will need to purchase the associated material from a third-party.
When does my membership expire?
Membership Expiration Date: --- | You are NOT on auto billing
What material will I need to buy?
Click the "Material Needed" icon above to view exactly what you will need. You will also find the links provided to a few popular options, although you can get it from anywhere that sells books. Note: Many of the books can be obtained on Amazon Kindle for little to no cost.
Is this course part of my membership?
If you are able to see this page, then yes, this course is a part of your membership. If you are able to access this page, as well as the exam then you do have access.
Are there any extra fees or optional services from Massage CE Unlimited?
Extra Fees (these are completely optional) – We have several options for our customers listed below in the case you wanted to use them. The online exam and online certificate upon passing is included in your tuition (you will need to purchase the required study material elsewhere). We have no hidden fees or surcharges, and the fees below only apply to extra options provided by the Company. The extra fees are as follows:
NOTE: All fees must be paid in advance of any extra Services rendered.
- Need your certificate mailed? We will mail you a tri-folded color certificate after passing – $10 per certificate, per mailing.
- Want us to manually submit your answers? You can mail or email us your answers on the provided printable exam for us to manually grade and submit on your behalf. Also included, is if you pass with at least a 70% we will mail you a tri-folded color certificate – $25 per course and attempt. The certificate is only mailed if you received a 70% or greater. (This is paid by you when you fill out the required form completely that is located on the bottom of each printable exam. If you fail the exam, you will either have to repeat this process and pay the fee, or you can complete your exam online yourself free)
- Want us to mail you the printable version of the exam questions? (Note: You can print this yourself within your account at no additional charge) We will mail you the exam questions – $10 per course, per mailing.
Online Massage Continuing Education Offering Cheap, Inexpensive CE's
TAKE YOUR MASSAGE CE HOURS ONLINE UNLIMITED
UNLIMITED MASSAGE, MASSAGE THERAPY CEUS, CE MASSAGE COURSES, CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR MASSAGE THERAPIST, MASSAGE CEU WORKSHOP, CONTINUING EDUCATION MASSAGE THERAPY, MASSAGE CEU CHAIR MASSAGE ONLINE, MASSAGE CEUS ONLINE, FREE CEU FOR MASSAGE THERAPIST, MASSAGE CEU ONLINE COURSES
ALABAMA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, ARIZONA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, ARKANSAS UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, CALIFORNIA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CUE, COLORADO UNLIMITED MASSAGE CUE | CEU, CONNECTICUT UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, DELAWARE UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, FLORIDA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, GEORGIA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, HAWAII UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, IDAHO UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, ILLINOIS UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, INDIANA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, IOWA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, KANSAS UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, KENTUCKY UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, LOUISIANA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, MAINE UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, MARYLAND UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, MASSACHUSETTS UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, MICHIGAN UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, MINNESOTA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, MISSISSIPPI UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, MISSOURI UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, MONTANA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, NEBRASKA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, NEVADA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, NEW HAMPSHIRE UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, NEW JERSEY UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, NEW MEXICO UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, NEW YORK UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, NORTH CAROLINA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, NORTH DAKOTA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, OHIO UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, OKLAHOMA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, OREGON UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, PENNSYLVANIA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, RHODE ISLAND UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, SOUTH CAROLINA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, SOUTH DAKOTA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, TENNESSEE UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, TEXAS UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, UTAH UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, VERMONT UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, VIRGINIA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, WASHINGTON UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, WEST VIRGINIA UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, WISCONSIN UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU, WYOMING UNLIMITED MASSAGE CE | CEU